||Shokutaku Lecturer (1-year contract, renewable four times for a total of five years)
|2.Number of Positions
||TESL/TEFL, SLA, English Communication, Intercultural Communication, Business Communication, or related field
||Department of English Language and Literature
(Faculty of Language and Culture)
- Classes in General Education (non-English Majors): Basic English (up to 5 classes),
- Classes in English Department: Reading I/II, Speaking I/II, Listening I/II, Advanced Speaking I/II, Advanced Listening I/II, etc.
- Other duties including: English Immersion Program Support, English Program during summer or spring recess when necessary, and committee work, PR (e.g., Open Campus), Admissions, Public lectures, Proctoring examinations, etc.
||April 1, 2019
- Working Hours: Up to 10 x 90-minute classes (koma) per week, plus additional duties
- Salary: According to Kyoto Notre Dame University employment regulations
- Holidays: According to Kyoto Notre Dame University employment regulations
- Insurance: Private School Personnel Mutual Aid System
|8.Qualifications (all of the following must be satisfied):
- M.A. in TESL/TEFL, English Communication, Intercultural Communication, Business Communication, or related field (Ph.D. preferred)
- Speaker of English with native-level fluency, able to use Japanese for general administrative tasks
- Two years’ experience teaching English as a foreign language at the university level in Japan
- Experience in and motivation for program and curriculum development
- High level of enthusiasm regarding education, research, and duties
- Residence within commuting distance of the university
- Curriculum Vitae (use the designated form)
- Single copies of all diplomas
- List of books, papers, and presentations
- Single copy of main academic publications, including a short abstract (200 words in English, or 500 characters in Japanese).
- Sample classroom materials created by the applicant (for online materials a URL is sufficient).
- Statement of purpose / teaching philosophy
- Two references (name, affiliation, and contact info)
Note 1: Files for (1) and (2) are available at the University Home Page:
List of Publications:
Note 2: Attach proofs for publications that are “in print” or “to appear.”
Note 3: On the list of publications, mark three main publications with ○, and identify the most important work among the three with ◎.
Note 4: Submitted materials will not be returned to the applicant.
||Oct 31 (Wed), 2018 (must be received)
Note: The posting will be closed if a suitable candidate is selected before the deadline.
- Primary Selection (Based on resumes)
- Second Stage (Based on interview and research/teaching presentation)
※ Further details of “research/teaching presentation” will be sent to invited applicants.
※ We are not able to cover travel expenses.
※ Applicants will be notified in writing of the results.
|12.Send documents to
京都ノートルダム女子大学 教育支援部学事課 宛
NB: All application materials must be sent by registered mail/commercial parcel delivery. Please write in red on the envelope: “Attn: English Shokutaku Position”
|13.Questions should be sent to